Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tits Out

During the day I sit and rest with a group of four 60 yr old women and Master Potter Emma as she pounds banku or does her laundry or sits and chats in Ewe while we wait for our pots to dry in the sun so that we can work on them.

One of the women, Sister Helena, has taken a particular liking to my 'plump calves and arms' and has taken on the role of touching my legs, pinching my arms, and rubbing my skin, wiping the sweat off of me and laughing the whole time- so I naturally laugh too.

During one of these pat downs by Sister Helena who is so infatuated by my white skin, she and the 3 other 60 yr old women pull their shirts down exposing their boobs. This is no big deal, as we have taken on the acronym 'T.O.' for Tits Out as we've become pretty accustomed to this. The women then pointed at my bra strap, since none of them were wearing one; and next thing I knew Sister Helena pops out my boob from my bra and there I am, tit out among four 60 yr old women and Emma the Master Potter. It did not end there of course; the four women laughed and laughed and touched my boob and then one KISSED it; I kid you not. This lasted maybe 10 seconds and I was so caught of guard all I could do was laugh and think about how normal this all was being in Ghana.

When I told my friends from here about it; they weren't surprised, which makes the story even funnier.

So it's all happening. I've been initiated into this circle of grandmother potters. Tits out.

No comments:

Post a Comment